- Local delivery
The brewery was set up by Adam Summerskill in his vineyard at Bigbury in 1983 with a 2½ barrel brew plant. From there it moved to the White Lion, Stonehouse in 1984 then to its present location in 1985. This enabled the expansion to a 10 barrel brew length with equipment from the Penrhos Brewery that had closed in 1983, only for production at Summerskills to lapse in 1988. Fortunately for the ale drinkers of Plymouth, Carl Beeson and Rick Wilson purchased the brewery in 1990. Rick took on the mantle of brewer, using as today malt from Tuckers at Newton Abbot and English hops from Charles Faram in Worcestershire.
The brewery has gone from strength to strength and won a number of awards.
Carl retired as of May 2012 and Norm has acquired ownership of the brewery, seeing it modernise in image but hold true to its historic values - to use the best English ingredients and make fine beer.
- Fallen Acorn Brewing Co - 134 miles
- Gower Brewery - 88 miles
- Mumbles Brewery - 90 miles
- Tudor brewery - 101 miles
- Independent Spirit of Bath - 103 miles
- Live tasting with Neptune Brewery & Virtual Beer Tasting
- Live tasting with Chapter Brewing & Virtual Beer Tasting
- Live tasting with Green Duck Brewery & Virtual Beer Tasting
- Live tasting with Electric Bear Brewing Co & Virtual Beer Tasting
- Live tasting with Campervan Brewery & Virtual Beer Tasting
This page was last updated 11 Jan 16:16.
The venue and the Tryanuary volunteers are doing our best to keep up with the ever changing COVID-19 world. Please always ensure that you check the details with the venue before travelling and are also aware of the local guidance for the venue. If something is not up to date on this page then please contact us.